Saturday, August 31, 2013

Busy, Busy

Busy, Busy!

Since I finished up with my former employer, my stress levels have reduced dramatically, and without the daily 'you're not good enough' message being drummed into us, I'm starting to really appreciate no longer working in such a toxic work environment.

I'm feeling more energetic, and am enjoying my life again.

My blood pressure has returned from its dangerous level back to a safe and normal one without me needing to be put on medication.

And since 'becoming unemployed' I have never been so busy in my entire life - including when I was running around after three young kids!



I'm currently upgrading my Training and Assessment qualification to the new Training and Education one, because from July 1, 2013, in order to deliver accredited training and assessment, trainers must have the new qualification.  So, I enrolled in the Upgrade modules, and am now busily working on completing one (very large) assessment, because once deemed competent, I will be issued with the updated qualification and can start teaching and assessing - woohoo!

I've also been gaining work from a couple of sources.  The first is with a Registered Training Organisation, who have kindly been providing me with occasional 'bits' of trainer administration work, to help reduce the stress on and workload of the RTO's existing trainers where they can (there is more that I can't do than what I can, until my upgrade goes through, but I am enjoying getting the work and learning about the new industry).  The second is with a former employer, doing Accounts and Administration. Again, the work is only in 'bits and pieces' but this is freeing me up to pursue my own interests and goals while simultaneously earning some money to live on.

I've been busily setting up the Char Mesan Job Coaching blog, and have a number of posts that I look forward to writing over the next couple of weeks.  I have a bit of spare time on my hands left to also work on the Char Mesan Reviews blog that I set up some time ago but haven't really done anything with, until now.



I'm loving this busy-ness, and I realised the other day my dreams and aspirations of gearing my career more towards writing than employment consulting is actually happening.  This is both an exciting and scary thing, following your dreams!








No comments:

Post a Comment