I don't remember where I discovered this recipe - but I make it often, and I love it even if my children don't (all the more for me!)
Berry Creamy Fruit Sandwich
Cooking level: Easy
Cooking & Preparation time: 30 - 40 minutes
Serves: 4 people
1 sheet Puff Pastry
1 tub Vanilla Fruche
16 Strawberries (quartered)
1 tsp Icing Sugar
1. Pre-heat oven to 180*C (Sorry, I don't know the *F equivalent)
2. Place semi-defrosted Puff Pastry sheet on lightly sprayed flat baking tray. Slice pastry sheet in half lengthways. Slice pastry sheet into quarters width-ways. This creates 8 slices of Puff pastry.
3. Spray each pastry slice lightly with cooking spray.
4. Bake in oven until puffed up and lightly golden.
5. Transfer cooked slices to cooling rack and allow to cool to room temperature.
6. Once cool, on serving plate, place one cooked pastry sheet.
7. 'Butter' the underside of the pastry sheet with approximately 1 - 2 tablespoons of Vanilla Fruche.
8. Place 4 raspberries, 4 strawberries and 4 blueberries on the vanilla Fruche.
9. Add another pastry sheet as top layer of sandwich.
10. Make the three other sandwiches repeating steps 6 to 9.
11. Place one teaspoon of Icing Sugar in a sieve, and sprinkle evenly over each of the 4 Berry Creamy Fruit Sandwiches.
12. To garnish, place mint sprig on top of each sandwich. Enjoy!
Try it, and let me know what you think of the dieting-friendly treat by liking or commenting on this page!