Thursday, March 28, 2013

Blogging versus Novel writing



One of the things I am really enjoying about blogging - my recent discovery - is the ability (and pay-off) to write short or long posts, depending on the writer's mood and the topic being address.

What I don't like, is that since I started blogging, I haven't really spent any time working on any of my novel's in progress.  By the time I feel compelled to write (and edit) another blog post, which can take me anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours, it is hard to then 'switch gear' (a driving metaphor) to get back into the swing of writing something that isn't going to give me any 'pay-off' for quite some time. It takes me a lot of rereading what I have already done before i can pick up and continue on with my novel manuscripts.

I still have three storylines that are competing for me to finish them, and every time I read a book that I enjoy and is in the same genre or along the lines of what I am writing, I get a strong urge to focus more on my novels again rather than blogging.  But, I enjoy my newfound hobby so could never abandon it either now. 

So, once again, I am left with the same old wishful thinking that has plagued me for some time: I wish I was a full time writer.  Because that way, I would be able to work on all my projects more frequently, and get some of them to the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment